The DC Urban Gardeners (DUG) Network’s mission is to inform and connect DC residents to resources, events, opportunities, forums, services and programs that support food access, healthy eating, urban agriculture and environmental sustainability in the greater DC area.
Sign up for their newsletter to find out about DC metro-accessible events where you can learn from knowledgeable experts from across the district!
For more information, visit there website at http://dugnetwork.org/.
Here are a few important reminders that will help our garden continue growing and being fabulous!
- Remember to ALWAYS take your garbage with you – this includes weeds (that can’t go in the compost bins) and all other forms of garbage
- PLEASE DO NOT use the dumpster across the street or any of the public trash cans outside of our garden – these are not ours, we do not pay for them, and we want to be good neighbors 🙂
- Please don’t leave stuff in the garden assuming that others will take it – this includes tomato cages and random debris
- Remember to ALWAYS lock the gates, shed, and water spouts
- Please be kind to your fellow gardeners and take care of the water hoses – this means turning the water off, neatly winding them, and making sure they are not tangled
- There are red/pink flags in the shed that say “Out of Town” – if you are going on vacation, remember to put one of these flags in your plot so your neighbors know to give you garden a drink when they are there
- Please log your work hours on the Work Hour tab of the website! If you aren’t sure what to do – you can always weed the fenceline! 🙂