Welcome to the Virginia Avenue Community Garden website – we want to welcome you to our garden community!
The Virginia Avenue Community Garden is an active and thriving organic garden and outdoor community space. Plots are rented by local Washington D.C. residents and gardened throughout the growing season. Email us to sign up on the VACG Wait List, email@example.com.
VACG UPCOMING EVENTS!
2023 Cleanup Events and Annual Meetings: We will be hosting several seasonal Cleanup Events again this season. The requirement is that you attend at least two scheduled cleanups (try to spread your attendance out throughout the season) in addition to the 5 hours of community service provided to the garden. We also encourage you to attend more than two scheduled cleanups! It’s a great way to meet your garden neighbors and help make the garden the best it can be! Please note that these events will begin with brief informational meetings with announcements from the Committee Members on each of the Saturday mornings. Come share your suggestions and questions!
The (REVISED) dates of the scheduled Cleanup Events (weather permitting) are as follows:
- Saturday & Sunday, March 11 & 12 from 10am to 1pm
- Sunday, June 11 from 10am to 1pm
- Saturday, August 12 from 10am to 1pm
- Saturday & Sunday, October 28 & 29 from 10am to 1pm
Other important dates to note:
- APRIL 1 – plots/paths should be cleaned, weeded and ready for planting.
- MAY 15 – all plots should be planted for the season.
- AUGUST 1 – gardeners should have completed at least 3 of the 5 required service hours