Welcome to the Virginia Avenue Community Garden website – we want to welcome you to our garden community!
The Virginia Avenue Community Garden is an active and thriving organic garden and outdoor community space. Plots are rented by local Washington D.C. residents and gardened throughout the growing season.
2021 Spring Cleanup and Annual Meeting: Due to the continued pandemic and in order to maintain proper social distancing, we will be hosting several seasonal clean up options again this season. The requirement is that you attend at least 2 scheduled clean ups (try to spread your attendance out throughout the season) in addition to the 8 hours of community service provided to the garden. We also encourage you to attend more than 2 clean ups! It’s a great way to meet your garden neighbors and help make the garden the best it can be!
The dates of the scheduled clean ups (weather permitting) are –
- March 13 & 14 (will serve as our regular informational meeting) from 10am to 1pm
- March 20 & 21 (will serve as our regular informational meeting) from 10am to 1pm
- June 19 & 20 from 10am to 1pm
- June 26 & 27 from 10am to 1pm
- October 9 & 10 from 10am to 1pm
- October 16 & 17 from 10am to 1pm